Being thorough in packing your child will only enhance their experience while at camp. You are not limited to what is on this list; however, there are a few items to leave at home that you will see at the bottom of this list. There are reasons for why we ask you to bring certain items and reasons to leave certain items at home and you are always welcome to ask for those reasons.
Please clearly mark or label your items if possible, including the bag or suitcase that is being packed. This eliminates a lot of lost and found items. If you don’t want to write your name on a bag or another item, use tape or some sort of tag to mark it with your child’s name.
What to Bring
Bedding: All campers sleep on a single mattress (bunkbed). You can pack a sleeping bag or a fitted sheet with blankets
- Shoes: They should have laces or Velcro and sturdy enough for hiking and running. Campers are not allowed to play games, hike, or run around camp in flip flops or sandals.
- Sandals: Only to be worn at the pool and showers
- Clothing: Shorts, Tshirts, Sweatshirts, Jeans, Underwear, Light Jacket, Rain Gear & EXTRA Socks (Campers and Staff are asked to abide by our Dress Code found at the bottom of this page.)
- Water Bottle
- Insect Repellant
- Towel: One for the pool and one for the shower
- Toiletries: Soap, Shampoo, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Comb/Brush, Personal Items
- Medical Forms
- Laundry Bag
- Modest Swimsuit
- Stuffed Animal
- Stamps & Envelopes: If you plan on your child writing home
What not to bring
- CELL PHONE: All cell phones will be confiscated and kept in the office for the week. Do not send your child with a cell phone for programmatic and privacy reasons.
- iPads/Digital Music Player/Kindles/iPods/Nooks/Etc.
- Portable Gaming Systems
- Expensive Clothing or Jewelry
- Illegal Drugs
- Tobacco Products
- Knives: This includes pocketknives
- Revealing Clothing
- Clothing Advertising Alcohol or Tobacco
- Clothing with Obscenities
Lost & Found
Items left at camp will be held in our Lost and Found until August 31. At that time, all unclaimed items will be given to a local clothing ministry. Payment for all items that are mailed will be the responsibility of the owner.
Dress Code Policy
It is our desire that Camp Rock be a place where young men and young women can escape the distractions during their stay at camp, a place where they can focus their eyes and hearts on their relationship with Jesus, and a place where they are not ‘tempted’ by the flesh. Styles of clothing can be a stumbling block for many youth. The Bible says people are to dress in modesty.
The intent is to not bring attention to how one looks, but to highlight our walk of faith, love and pursuit of holiness. Therefore campers and staff are required to adhere to the Camp Dress Code. Anyone in violation of this policy will be asked to change clothes or make the appropriate changes to render their clothing modest.
· Modest shorts (below fingertips when standing)
· We have a NO visible undergarment policy.
· Swimsuits must be modest. Girls, swimsuits should be a one piece, a tankini that comes down to the bottoms, or you may opt for a swim shirt.
· No attire with reference to any type of alcoholic beverage, illegal substance, and lewd, vulgar, indecent or sexually suggestive subjects may be worn.